Friday, August 24, 2007

hate hate hate

Im going to start off this blog with a post that hates on the other Laker blogs out there. I’m not trying to start a fight. I just wanna let the hate in my heart out. I’ll begin with the blogs that aren’t so bad, and move down to the worst of the worst.

Forum Blue and Gold – forumblueandgold.com- Probably the best Laker blog out there, though its not perfect. Kurt does a nice job of giving us smart analysis of what is going on in Laker land. He updates frequently, doesn’t engage in the ridiculous rumor mill, and knows basketball. The only thing missing from his blog is insider information, which I don’t believe Kurt has access too. True inside information is essential to make a blog great. Yes that automatically disqualifies my own blog. Eat a dick.

Kevin Ding’s Blog – blogs.ocregister.com/lakers- Kevin’s blog would be the best, because as a beat reporter he does have the inside info that we love, and he is smart, objective, and homies with Kobe. However, he seems to have taken the entire summer off. What the hell do NBA beat guys do in the offseason anyway? Kevin. WTF. This is when we need your information the most. Take a page from the other Asian dude who writes and blogs for the Warriors, and get back to work. (for the record, I can make asian jokes. Because im white)

John Ireland’s Blog – cbs2.com/johnireland- I like john Ireland. I don’t know why. Maybe its because I grew up watching him as a kid. Or maybe its because his face is just so ridiculous. But you can tell John is as big a Laker fan as you and me out there, and he’s got that access we so crave. He deserves it, God gave him a cartoon face. John’s blog get knocked down a few notches for a lack up updates, though hes been working on that, and for blogging about useless things like UCLA football. Also, his taste in music is atrocious. But not as atrocious as his radio partner Steve Mason. A middle aged man who loves Fall Out Boy and The Plain White T’s. Makes me sad.

The Laker’s Blog (L.A. Times)- www. lakersblog.latimes.com- The Kamenetzky brothers run a blog for the LA Times that is high on comments, and low in anything else. A real snooze fest. Basically they make obvious jokes and put up links to other people’s articles. I don’t really have an opinion on this site, because theres nothing to really have an opinion on. They don’t really do the in-depth analysis, or the inside information, or the wild opinions that evoke emotion. I’ve never read this blog and came away feeling like I took anything from it. “Virgin Islands deflowered” was pretty good though. I’d hit that.

Inside the Lakers, Rich Hammond’s Blog for the Daily News- insidesocal.com/lakers – This blog blows. Hardly updated, and hardly interesting. The only reason its not at the bottom of the list is because it used to be the best blog when it was it was written by Ross Siler. Ross Siler had it all going for him. The most interesting information we could ask for, frequently updated, smart analysis, and objective reporting. After a tough Laker loss, I went to this blog to make myself feel better and find out what the hell was going on. DAMN YOU ROSS. Who leaves LA to go to UTAH. The only explanation is that Siler must be Mormon. He’s got the look down.

In the Refrigerator –www.intherefrigerator.com- Here is an exert from the most recent post about a dream the author had “I looked skyward in fear as objects started to fly overhead. A cow. Paula Abdul. Kevin Garnett… I ran, but the tornado caught up to me and sucked me into its vortex. The last thing I remember seeing before passing out was David Stern’s head on Michael Jordan’s body… “. Riveting stuff. I dreamt I was peeing once, and when I woke up, I actually was. I think my dream was more relevant.

Big Laker Fan –www.biglakersfan.blogspot.com- Hasn’t posted since August 1st. If you don’t put up a post within 2 weeks of your last one, you’re dead to me. Except Ding. I love Ding.

GetGarnett/Laker Nation- thelakersnation.com/blog- This site is great for one thing, finding links to what other sports writers around the country are saying about the Lakers. Other then that, it’s a site run by a bunch of drunk 20 year olds, and read by some of the most unintelligent sports fans in the world. All the “articles” written by the sites creators and contributors are an affront to sports intelligence. Quit trying to act like you write for espn.com. A bastion for retarded ideas, here is a comment left by one of The Laker Nation’s reader’s. Regarding a post about Kobe calling Jermaine O’neal and asking him to force is way to LA (Good idea guys) :” hey i like this idea but i dont think kobe will call jo because then kob wll really look desperate and wat if jo says naw man i dont wanna demand a trade…wat then????” Good call bro… you deserve to be a writer for The Laker Nation.

To close out my first post, let me post two comments from “fans”. Both are from Inside the Lakers.

“Who hired Mitch. Iam real laker fan, he had an oppportunity, to sign Ron Artest, jason kidd, and Jermaine Oneal, and didnt. Mitch has a opportunity.to make the Lakers a contender to sign
oneal, whats stopping him. By the way, lets not forget Chris Weber.”

This is a common type of angry reaction that moron fans have. Apparently to them, trading in reality, is like trading in NBA Live, where I was able to turn a Lakers roster of Kobe, Lamar, Mihm, Vlade, Caron Butler, Kareem Rush, Luke Walton, Brian Cook, and a few others, into a starting five of Kobe, Michael Redd, Lebron, Dwight Howard, and Tyson Chandler. I kid you not. If it were really that easy, it’d be done by now. Screw you Larry Bird.

“LA need nice gard like Artest. Trade Fish, Kuck, Sasha for Artest.”

This guy right here is crazy! Brian Kuck is gonna be a hall of famer, you cant just give him away! Sasha is probably the 2nd best gard in the league! And Fish? Well yeah, screw his daughter. SHIP HIS ASS OUT.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting your link in the L.A. times blog. I am getting sick of reading their comments. This post was hilarious. I snorted out loud.